Thursday 1 December 2011

Chinese routine objection : Dalai Lama

Kolkata : Ignoring Beijing's reservations, the Governor of West Bengal MK Narayanan was present at program on Mother Teresa, which was addressed by Tibetan spiritual leader.


When asked about the letter, the Chinese embassy to the State Government to CM and the Governor did not attend the program, Narayanan said: "What do you expect me to do about it? If they wrote the Chief Secretary. They have written."


When a journalist pointed out that the Chinese consulate objected to his visit here, the Dalai Lama said: "It is quite normal. From their point of view, it is also logical. Some Chinese officials consider me a demon. They raise every objection."


On the question of what to expect this reaction from the Chinese government, he quipped: "I encountered this before. I do not want to comment on a letter from the Chinese consulate."


"This year in March, I formally, officially handed over the political leadership. I am no longer leader of the political administration. Therefore, I would not want to politicize my visit here," he said.


While China belongs to the Tibetan spiritual leader persona non grata, New Delhi maintains that it is a respectable religious leader in a democratic country and there are no restrictions on free speech.


Mamata Banerjee, chief minister was unable to attend the program, as her mother was in critical condition, according to Brien Trinamool Congress MP Derek O '.